Mapleton Schools Staff Development is the means by which staff acquires or enhances the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and beliefs necessary to create high levels of learning for all students. Staff Development is an ongoing process that engages staff in improving curriculum, instruction, and assessment to increase student achievement.
Mapleton Public Schools provides and supports a comprehensive array of professional development activities for educators and other professionals in the school. These programs include:
- Continuing Professional Education Workshops
- In-services on Current Topics and Curriculum Adoptions
- Conferences in Content Areas and Instructional Practice
- Training of Trainers
- Standards Design and Implementation
Professional development opportunities are aligned with yearly Staff Development Goals. They are:
- Curriculum Review
- Professional Practice and Leadership
- Human Development
Our educators are also encouraged to obtain a Masters in various educational fields.