The Board of Education of the Mapleton Public Schools, embracing the vision and mission of the Mapleton Public Schools, establishes the following goals:
- To ensure students (K-6) are “proficient” in reading and writing for their grade level.
- Establish criteria for reaching standards at “proficient” levels.
- Develop and align assessment tools for reading and writing with new Reading/Language Arts standards and curriculum to provide appropriate data for on-going assessment processes.
- Analyze student achievement data in reading and writing.
- Establish benchmark data for each grade level in reading and writing.
- Identify and support appropriate instructional strategies to increase student achievement in reading and writing.
- Identify appropriate interventions for students who are not meeting grade level standards in reading and/or writing.
- To increase the use of data in making policy, program and instructional decisions and for reporting on system accountability.
- Conduct a review of data needed for policy, program and instructional decision-making.
- Analyze student information management systems and select an effective system for use in the district.
- Train staff in data-driven decision-making.
- To secure adequate funding for the school district for FY09.
- Increase presence and influence at the state level for increased education funding.
- Identify issues influencing revenue factors.
- Improve marketing efforts to increase enrollment and address other revenue issues.
- Work in cooperation with community groups to increase pride in Mapleton Public Schools.
- Develop and implement comprehensive public relations and marketing plan for the School District.
- Increase media coverage of student, staff, school and district successes.
- Support and/or complement existing efforts to build mutually supportive and respectful relationships with community groups.